This year for the first time I attempted growing sweet potatoes (or sweets for short).
I received two plants from a friend in early June and put together a tower to try and maximize yield in a small space. Using one of my storage bins, some clear plastic and a roll of hardware cloth I put together a bin. I knew that the vines would grow a lot but still shocked how they took over!
I also made some cuttings and potted them up for next year’s crop – hopefully that works.
And I checked today the top layer of soil in the tower and found one Sweet – could be bigger so I’ll try waiting a bit longer but am worried about the weather getting cooler. Hope to get a decent harvest!